Demo saddle details:
Seat size: 17" Western
Pommel: XL - FQH
Sent with a Mattes Western saddle pad with 3 way mesh inserts included
Takes a Western Cinch, not provided.
1) A security deposit is required to hire a demo saddle. Please click on the photo of the saddle you ant to hire to view the amount. If you wish to make this payment via credit card, please visit this page. These funds will be held as security against the saddle and accessories until they are returned, with nil damage. Normal wear is expected.
2) You are responsible for the saddle until it is returned safely by REGISTERED POST. You are liable for postage both ways, Postal insurance is recommended on the return trip, if the saddle does go missing, your security deposit cannot be refunded. It is important that you assume full responsibility for the saddles condition & safe keeping during the trial period. Experience has shown that damage to saddles usually occurs when they are transported in a car. If you do need to transport the demo saddle, please do so using the box it came to you in.
3) The length of the trial is 10 days, this starts from when you receive the saddle, If you require any additional time, just reach out. If there is no one immediately waiting to trial the saddle, it should be okay.
4) Delivery charges are dependent on location. We will deduct the postage costs and demo fee ($120) from your refund once the demo saddle has been returned as per conditions stipulated above. If you wish to place an order for a new saddle, the $120 demo fee is of course waived. Credit card fees incured cannot be refunded.
5) Saddles and all accessories, must be returned in the same condition as they were received: clean and hair free. If the saddle or accessories are returned with excessive wear and tear including scratches and dents to the leather or excessive marking on girth straps or flaps and/or stirrups, a portion of your security deposit will be retained to cover this damage. If the saddle and/or accessories are returned dirty, a cleaning fee of $25 will be deducted from your refund.
6) Please do not wear denim jeans when riding in any of our demo saddles, or studded jeans or jeans with bling on the pockets. Silicone jodhpurs will damage the dressage saddle seats so please do not wear these either. Jodhpurs with suede seats are okay.
7) Please print and complete the Demo Booking Form that you can download from the Demo Saddes page. Send it to us via email firstname.lastname@example.org. If the saddle is out on a demo already, you will be placed next in line. Your security deposit will not be required until the saddle is ready to be sent to you.
The EDIX® Santos is made of strong quality Buffalo leather, with a beautiful suede seat in a contrasting colour. With it’s sturdy wooden pommel and cantle, beautifully tooled leather, typical decorations and comfortable seat, the EDIX® Santos has all aspects of a traditional western saddle.
The nicely tooled leather fenders adjustable with a Blevins slide buckle and the leather covered stirrups complete the EDIX® Santos.
The EDIX® Santos treeless saddle is not only intended for the Western-style riders, but also for those who prefer long rides out. To create an even more luxurious seat, you can combine the Santos with an Australian Merino® sheepskin seat cover.
An EDIX® treeless saddle offers your horse optimum protection for the load exerted by riding, due to the special construction of various soft flexible pressure distributing materials: EDIX® MPDS, multiple pressure distribution system.
At the same time, these soft, flexible layers perfectly adapt to the anatomy of the horse, as well as the rider’s posture. An EDIX® treeless saddle optimally reacts to the movements of the horse. Partly due to this, the rider learns to perfectly adapt to the horse’s movements and, as such, develops an independent position. As a result, the movements of the horse and rider become one, and from there, excellent communication is created.
Because the horse is moving much more freely, it has the possibility to develop optimally, which is often shown by an increase in muscle mass.
Due to the above and after the habituation period, both horse and rider, show in all aspect of horse riding more relaxation.
In contrast to all other EDIX® models, the wooden pommel of the EDIX® Santos is not interchangeable. A pommel size M is installed as standard. The wooden pommel and cantle both connect the left and right half of the saddle, together they provide stability to the saddle and comfort for the position of the rider.
Despite the typical Western cut-out “square skirt”, the EDIX® Santos does have a long weight bearing surface front to back when compared to a traditional western saddle, which means this saddle is suitable for most horses. The leather and structure of this Western saddle ensure that it is also very suitable for slightly heavier riders. EDIX® saddles advises you to buy the proposed treeless saddles complete with substructure (special treeless pad). This is to achieve optimal pressure distribution.
If desired, a saddle with a different pommel size can be ordered : Narrow (SQH), Medium (QH), or Wide (FQH).
top of page
SKU: Santos demo
bottom of page